Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting Started


Me a blogger? Never. I don't really read many blogs, not even art ones. Too many lame opinions and unsubstantiated fictions passed off as fact for my taste. But a friend in the business (a great encourager actually) has convinced me that I too can join the world of blogging. So get ready for lots of lame opinions and unsubstantiated fictions passed off as fact - and a sampling of the art I make as a means of avoiding insanity.
This painting titled "Diplomacy" from 2003 is actually a self portrait in which I acknowledge 'my other self' and that, for the moment, we are in sync. This oil on canvas diptych is 36" x 48".

4 comments:

  1. i'm glad to read your first blog at first,welcome to my blog and become friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting, Bruce! Glad you have the blog up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God I recognized the subject even after all these years. Looking forward to learning about the man who was the boy I knew. Also one of my favorite babysitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good gosh,Geri! So good to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by. (Now I babysit six grandchildren. Imagine that!)

    ReplyDelete