Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flow


I painted this encaustic on canvas painting while on a camping trip some time back. I hoped to strip away facial recognition leaving only a suggestion of melancholy.

Viewers' responses have been interesting. This painting is either really liked or really disliked. But either way, it always seems to garner attention.

Here's the dumb thing, though. I can't seem to do it again. I have attempted comparable paintings several times only to fail - miserably.

But try again I shall, since I am one of those who likes it.

"Flow", 48" x 36", encaustic on canvas

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bruce! Went down to ur town yesterday, saw gallery was open however Homespun was going on and 'you know who' wasn't up for the crowds, but I imagined you were there somewhere! This is another Bruce Bell wonder and certainly must garner attention; that is what it is all about. Know what you mean - how once created another never comes close. I saw something interesting I should probably talk to you about. See ya.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, impressive portrait.
    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete